New CC&R Draft with Your Feedback Included

New draft includes your feedback


You can find the new CC&Rs by clicking this link, https://goo.gl/4FjyLy, or the document below.


Thank you to everyone for the excellent feedback on our CC&Rs. We have worked with our attorney and have another draft for you to review and provide feedback on prior to voting. In order to simplify your process for reviewing the CC&R changes, our attorney has used track changes. This means that all changes made to the document are red-lined allowing you to see every new letter added or deleted in the entire document.

Main areas addressed:


  • 7.6 and 13.1 Owner neglect and the Right to enter lots - This has been addressed in sections 7.6, 11 and 13 with several clarifications and additions, including enforcement processes
  • 5.5 Special Assessments - Reducing the amount to $200
  • 5.19 Reinvestment Fee - Added a flat fee maximum as opposed to percentage of home value
  • 9.4 Recreational and Commercial Vehicles - Clarifying parking of personal use trucks and trail access by bikes and scooters. Also addressed in section 9.13 Parking
  • 9.5 Pets and Animals - Inclusion of the right to have chickens
  • 9.12 Equipment and Automobile Maintenance - Allowing for maintenance in the driveway
  • 9.15 Leases - Reduction in initial lease term requirements to 6 months and removal of eviction proceeding rights of the Board
  • 9.19 Variances - Changing from unanimous to majority vote in order to grant a variance

We will hold another meeting on Wednesday, December 20 from 6-8 pm at the Harmons in Traverse Mountain. Based on what we learned from the last meeting we ask that all suggestion be submitted by Sunday, December 17. This gives the board and the attorney time to discuss options so we can discuss possible solutions at the meeting. Again I want to thank you for putting in the time to make sure these CC&Rs are the best for our community.

The following is a timeline of events: 


  • Feedback received by the end of Sunday, December 17
  • Meeting on Wednesday, December 20 from 6-8 pm at the Harmons in Traverse Mountain
  • Receive any additional changes by January 7.
  • Final discussion at Annual Board Meeting Tuesday, January 9 at 7 pm at Harmons in Traverse Mountain
  • Finalized CC&Rs will be sent along with a ballot to vote. Votes need to be returned by January 31.
  • Starting February 1 volunteers will start knocking on doors to request signatures of those we have not received a response from. These volunteers will likely come in the evenings.

Feedback and/or questions should be sent to board@springcreekranchhoa.com

Thank you,

The Spring Creek Ranch HOA Board
READ MORE

New CC&Rs for Review

UPDATED POST 12/5/17

Update after the meeting


The Board was thrilled to receive several emails prior to the meeting on November 30 and happy to see dozens more at the meeting. Many of the ideas expressed in email were addressed at the meeting but unfortunately we did not have time to address them all. Therefore we will host another meeting on Wednesday, December 20 from 6-8 pm at the Harmons in Traverse Mountain. At this meeting we will be able to discuss the concerns that were not addressed previously as well as any new concerns arising from the updated copy from the attorney. We will send out the updated CC&Rs as soon as we have them back from the attorney.

Updates made during the meeting  


  1. 7.6 and 13.1 Owner neglect and Right to enter lots
    1. Remove ability to enter Residence of single unit homes. Better define the scenarios where townhomes can be entered for insurance reasons. 
    2. The language about "hearing or seeing running water, smelling or seeing smoke, hearing abnormal or excessive noises and foul smells" needs to be removed from single unit homes. The townhomes need something for insurance reasons but it needs to be specific and clear what the scenarios are that insurance would require us to enter in order to reduce liability of the HOA. Currently it is too vague and open for potential abuse and isn't clear these are emergency situations.
    3. Segregate out the ability to enter an uninhabited lot from a single unit or townhome lot to handle owner neglect or violations. Define uninhabited lot so it states they never have, or are no longer, living at the residence. The process followed to enter the lot in both scenarios needs to be spelled out (2 notices and fine will have been sent via email or letter).
    4. Change the wording about "reasonable notice shall be given to enter lot" and "48 hours to enter lot." Have full process for notifying and that entering the lot is a last resort to rectify a situation (2 notices and fine will have been sent via email or letter). 
    5. Add the ability to enter the lot, but not a fenced back yard without permission, to inspect a reported violation in order to send a notice. Still allow for the ability to enter the the townhomes for the situations mentioned in section above.
    6. Consider whether Article 13 is needed at all as it's own section due to the above mentioned changes, or if everything would be covered with the Owner neglect section.
  2. 5.5 Special Assessments
    1. Change to $200 for all units, both single unit and townhomes.
    2. Remove special assessment for being used towards "Construction." It can be used for reconstruction or unexpected repair or replacement, just not construction.
  3. 9.4 Recreational and Commercial vehicles
    1. Personal use trucks are allowed. Clarify wording so that no one can be confused about personal trucks; It is the massive trucks, such as non passenger work trucks such as Ford 550, dump trucks and semi trucks. 
    2. Reference that parking will also be governed by the city guidelines, in addition to these rules.
    3. The language of the third sentence from the last needs to change from "Such vehicles are not allowed on trails within the Project." to "No vehicles with an internal combustion engine are allowed on the trails within the Project." The intent here is that bicycles and mountain bikes are allowed on the trails but we don't want ATVs and other such things with engines that allow the user to go incredibly fast.
  4. 9.5 Pets and Animals
    1. Call out that chickens are allowed per the Rules, see the Rules for further details.
    2. Call out that no roosters are allowed.
  5. 5.19 Reinvestment fee
    1. Change language to specify that it can match the amount set by the management company, or if no management company then in accordance with Utah Code section 57-1-46 (as is stated currently).
  6. 9.12 Equipment and Automobile Maintenance
    1. Allow for maintenance in the driveway so long as the vehicle is not left overnight in a condition that appears that maintenance is still in progress.
  7. 9.15 Leases
    1. Remove the last sentence, "If the Owner fails to act accordingly, the Board may initiate eviction proceedings on behalf of the Owner, and through this Declaration the Owner hereby assigns the Association the authority to do so." unless there is some legal requirement for us to have it for protection or other liability issue.
    2. Change initial lease term down to 6 months.
  8. 5.15 subsection 5 Collection Action at Law
    1. Sub section 5 - Remove as we don't pay any utilities going directly to single unit homes or townhomes.

The following is a timeline of events: 

  • Hope to receive changes by December 11 and sent out to the community by December 12. 
  • Meeting on Wednesday, December 20 from 6-8 pm.
  • Receive any additional changes by January 7.
  • Final discussion at Annual Board Meeting Tuesday, January 9 at 7 pm.
  • Finalized CC&Rs will be sent along with a ballot to vote. Votes need to be returned by January 31.
  • Starting February 1 volunteers will start knocking on doors to request signatures of those we have not received a response from. These volunteers will likely come in the evenings.



ORIGINAL POST 11/15/17

The new CC&Rs are ready for review by the community. Please take a moment to read through the new CC&Rs below and provide feedback by 11:59 PM on November 30, 2017. On December 1, 2017 the Board will meet and review the feedback with our attorney and make any necessary changes before sending out ballots for you to vote.

View the CC&Rs by clicking the image below 




View the Articles of Incorporation by clicking the image below 




Feedback should be emailed to board@springcreekranchhoa.com.

For those who have questions, a special meeting will be held Thursday, November 30 from 6 pm to 8 pm at the Legacy Center located at 123 Center St., Lehi, UT 84043. You will have the opportunity to ask your questions or raise your concerns to the Board in person. 

As you may know our CC&Rs are in desperate need of updating, especially due to the purchase of the creek this year and the dissolution of our relationship with Pure Now. We have also been working with attorneys to bring our CC&Rs current with state legislation.

READ MORE

June 2017 HOA Board Meeting


Spring Creek HOA Meeting June 15, 2017
Location: Harmon's Conference Room, Lehi, Utah

  1. Open the meeting (19:28)
    1. Members in attendance: Brad Smith, Jack Buckley, Amy Gifford, Frank Evans
  2. Review financials and budget (19:28-19:33)
  3. Open forum for all in attendance (19:33-20:07)
    1. Tanya Bates presented some ideas for improvements to parks. Presented 4 things to be done to Spider Web park: Park signs installed, clean up of wetland area and plant native grasses, put in a toddler playground near pavilion, and sidewalk between parking lot and trail (so you don't have to go through the pavilion). She also presented other spots throughout the neighborhood for possible toddler parks. Board requested that Tanya return bids about the following areas of interest:
      1. Toddler playground by spider web park
      2. Covered awning for Skylark park for shade
      3. Nature inspired park by creek
  4. Follow up on action items (20:07-20:55)
    1. New locks/new doors for tennis courts - Brad Smith, unable to get in touch with company. Monthly code change in the meantime, all members present voted yes.
    2. CC&R's and bylaws - what progress has been made? Has been sent to board to review and provide input. All members action item: by June 30th, we need to review CC&Rs and give feedback. 
    3. CEC committee budget and approval for 4th of July ($300), Pickle ball/tennis tournaments ($100) between July 4th and ice cream social, Halloween fun run ($100), ice cream social August 17th ($300). Budget approved for $800 for the remaining activities for the year by all board members present.
      1. Action item: Brad to check with youth leaders in community LDS wards to see if there is interest in teen social. Budget approved 
    4. 4th of July details: Chalk art at 8am, bike parade is 8:30am with lightning McQueen and police escort, 8:45am flag ceremony, 9am breakfast (HOA to provide bottled water, plates, napkins, chalk, prizes, fliers) Announcement in newsletter to be sent out.
    5. Creek: was a plan created to plan for multiple cleanups of the creek? Yes. July 15th 7am-11am is remaining date.
    6. Audit follow up: did we get our yearly audit stuff squared away? Are we going to form our own audit committee with community members? Proposal for Frank Evens, Jack Buckley and Brad Smith's friend (after being asked and saying yes) to form audit committee and doing audit. All members on board voted yes.
    7. Follow up: Amy is to be the designated person to post upcoming events and such on Facebook. Commentary removed if possible.
    8. Follow up on newsletters being turned to email - has that happened with everyone in the community yet? Brad Smith to report. Yes, the newsletter is being sent by email. 48.8% opened their email notifications.
    9. Reserve study - follow up from Kenny Wilson, did we get a bid from Complex Solutions? (who we used in the past)? Did we get the study scheduled and taken care of? Yes. Will be done by Wasatch Reserve Studies. They will do a full review and will be starting this month.
  5. Landscape/Creek cleanup discussion and planning (20:55-21:25)
    1. Events to plan on and get the word out to the community - FAcebook, fliers, email announcements. Follow up with Dan on what needs to be done between now and the next clean up event.
    2. other landscape needs/concerns - dead areas, weeds not getting taken care of, Kenny just did a walkthrough with our lawn care guy this week, June 14th, 2017.
    3. New tennis nets need approval ($300). Vote 3:1 to replace nets. Need to set up dates to take down and put up nets so nets don't get ruined again.
  6. Architectural chair concerns (21:25-21:45)
    1. Getting approvals done quicker - who can give approval if chairperson is unavailable? Backups through the HOA president and Jack Buckley. Have 30 days to respond, preferably within 7 days.
  7. Verify next meeting scheduled (21:45-21:48)
    1. Next meetings: August 24 and November 9th
  8. Review minutes (21:48-21:55) All members present reviewed and approved minutes
  9. Meeting adjourned (21:55)









READ MORE
Back to Top