Review financials and budget (19:07-19:12)
Review minutes from last meeting (19:12-19:22)
Open forum for all in attendance (19:18-19:44)
Follow up on action items (19:44-20:15)
Community planning and budget review (20:15-20:29)
Creek and Spring Creek cleanup discussion and planning (20:29-20:45)
Architectural chair concerns - moved to Executive session
Audit discussion (20:45-21:08)
Emailing and newsletter discussion (21:08-21:24)
Schedule reserve study (21:24-21:35)
Verify next meeting schedule (21:35-21:40)
Meeting adjourned (21:40)
Executive session (21:40-21:50)
Spring Creek HOA Meeting 4/13/17
Location: Harmon's conference room, Lehi, Utah
- Open the meeting (19:07)
- Members in attendance: Brad Smith, Jack Buckley, Amy Gifford, Dan Smederovac and Frank Evans (arrived late)
- Approved by all members
- New locks/new doors for tennis courts - Brad Smith. Action item again for next HOA meeting
- Spring Creek Ranch Road sidewalk, when is it scheduled for completion? - Kenny Wilson says to be done April 2017, weather permitting
- Care of land along stream - follow up on meeting on Feb. 10, 2017 - Dan Smederovac - Creek is getting started with cleanup in phases, worked on a strategy to getting creek cleaned up
- CC&Rs and Bylaws - Given to committee on March 31, 2017
- What events are we wanting to host as an HOA? Events chosen: Easter egg hunt, Independence Day (CEC only requested money for prizes), Ice cream social, community clean up, and Halloween fun run. $440 spent on egg hunt, $560 remaining ($400 needed for ice cream social). Action item: CEC to get us a budget on what items they need for 4th of July. June meeting agenda to discuss Halloween fun run
- How many dumpsters do we want to do? 3 dumpsters, with 2 dumpings. 1st week in May for doing it. All HOA members agree with 3 dumpsters and date. City over the trails, discussion about going to City meeting.
- Will we have two separate times for these events or combine them? No. The dumpsters will be the 1st week of May, the cleanups will be multiple times this summer. Action item: Create a plan for clean up of creek, get it to HOA board by April 30, 2017.
- Budget for this event? Dan will get back with us on money needs
- Kenny Wilson discussion leader about yearly audit per our CC&Rs, CPA firm charges $5,000 for a single year review and $6,500 for a two year review. Suggested to get a committee together to do the audit ourselves. It was last done in 2014. Action item: Brad Smith to contact a few people in his area to see if they are willing to be part of this committee. All members: ask around and make contact with at least 2 people, motion by the board to do this and follow up in June.
- Working to change all paper newsletters to email version to be sent each month. Brad Smith has been emailing and contacting all members of community being sent paper mailings.
- Brad Smith went over website newsletter and what we would like to include in that. Action item: Amy Gifford to post on Facebook that we have a new website with user friendly features.
- $1000 to get it done by January 2018 with previous company. State of Utah is requiring it. Takes 7-10 weeks. Action item: Get with Casey Fuller to give sample of reserve studies he has done in the past, Kenny Wilson to get the board that information. Complex solutions, has done our reserve study in the past. Action item for Kenny Wilson: to get bid from Complex Solutions.
- June meeting: June 15, Thursday, Next meetings: August 24, November 9. Every other month for now