June 2017 HOA Board Meeting


Spring Creek HOA Meeting June 15, 2017
Location: Harmon's Conference Room, Lehi, Utah

  1. Open the meeting (19:28)
    1. Members in attendance: Brad Smith, Jack Buckley, Amy Gifford, Frank Evans
  2. Review financials and budget (19:28-19:33)
  3. Open forum for all in attendance (19:33-20:07)
    1. Tanya Bates presented some ideas for improvements to parks. Presented 4 things to be done to Spider Web park: Park signs installed, clean up of wetland area and plant native grasses, put in a toddler playground near pavilion, and sidewalk between parking lot and trail (so you don't have to go through the pavilion). She also presented other spots throughout the neighborhood for possible toddler parks. Board requested that Tanya return bids about the following areas of interest:
      1. Toddler playground by spider web park
      2. Covered awning for Skylark park for shade
      3. Nature inspired park by creek
  4. Follow up on action items (20:07-20:55)
    1. New locks/new doors for tennis courts - Brad Smith, unable to get in touch with company. Monthly code change in the meantime, all members present voted yes.
    2. CC&R's and bylaws - what progress has been made? Has been sent to board to review and provide input. All members action item: by June 30th, we need to review CC&Rs and give feedback. 
    3. CEC committee budget and approval for 4th of July ($300), Pickle ball/tennis tournaments ($100) between July 4th and ice cream social, Halloween fun run ($100), ice cream social August 17th ($300). Budget approved for $800 for the remaining activities for the year by all board members present.
      1. Action item: Brad to check with youth leaders in community LDS wards to see if there is interest in teen social. Budget approved 
    4. 4th of July details: Chalk art at 8am, bike parade is 8:30am with lightning McQueen and police escort, 8:45am flag ceremony, 9am breakfast (HOA to provide bottled water, plates, napkins, chalk, prizes, fliers) Announcement in newsletter to be sent out.
    5. Creek: was a plan created to plan for multiple cleanups of the creek? Yes. July 15th 7am-11am is remaining date.
    6. Audit follow up: did we get our yearly audit stuff squared away? Are we going to form our own audit committee with community members? Proposal for Frank Evens, Jack Buckley and Brad Smith's friend (after being asked and saying yes) to form audit committee and doing audit. All members on board voted yes.
    7. Follow up: Amy is to be the designated person to post upcoming events and such on Facebook. Commentary removed if possible.
    8. Follow up on newsletters being turned to email - has that happened with everyone in the community yet? Brad Smith to report. Yes, the newsletter is being sent by email. 48.8% opened their email notifications.
    9. Reserve study - follow up from Kenny Wilson, did we get a bid from Complex Solutions? (who we used in the past)? Did we get the study scheduled and taken care of? Yes. Will be done by Wasatch Reserve Studies. They will do a full review and will be starting this month.
  5. Landscape/Creek cleanup discussion and planning (20:55-21:25)
    1. Events to plan on and get the word out to the community - FAcebook, fliers, email announcements. Follow up with Dan on what needs to be done between now and the next clean up event.
    2. other landscape needs/concerns - dead areas, weeds not getting taken care of, Kenny just did a walkthrough with our lawn care guy this week, June 14th, 2017.
    3. New tennis nets need approval ($300). Vote 3:1 to replace nets. Need to set up dates to take down and put up nets so nets don't get ruined again.
  6. Architectural chair concerns (21:25-21:45)
    1. Getting approvals done quicker - who can give approval if chairperson is unavailable? Backups through the HOA president and Jack Buckley. Have 30 days to respond, preferably within 7 days.
  7. Verify next meeting scheduled (21:45-21:48)
    1. Next meetings: August 24 and November 9th
  8. Review minutes (21:48-21:55) All members present reviewed and approved minutes
  9. Meeting adjourned (21:55)









No comments

Back to Top