February 2018 HOA Board Meeting

February 2018 HOA Board Meeting
  1. Open Meeting 1901
  2. Members present Brad Smith, President, Jack Buckley, VP, Tom Butler, Landscaping, Frank Evans, Architecture, Kyler Stitt, Secretary (1902-1904)
  3. Attendance taken (1904)
  4. Financials reviewed and income/expense (1904-1907)
  5. Reinvestment fee discussion, to be discussed again once we have new CC&Rs reviewed. Continued discussion of how we would put the reserve money into a higher return account. Possible concerns around putting non-profit status at risk. (1907-1912)
    1. Reach out to the CPA about some of the risks concerning this
  6. Open Forum (1912-1918)
    1. Putting a gate on the common fence in backyard - fence belongs to HOA - will communicate with Architecture Committee using the website
  7. CC&R Progress Update (1918-1925)
    1. Question about ending of voting period - wording of the email sent out saying the date by which the ballots must be returned versus what the attorney presented
      1. Action item to speak with the attorney to make sure we understand if we need to restart the vote
  8. CEC Items - planning has moved forward for the entire year. All the activities are within the budget allocated by the HOA. All items up on website and reviewed for accuracy. (1925-1930)
    1. Youth Activity - Tentatively May 31st - Change the location on website to Spider Web Park
  9. Landscape (1935-1955)
    1. Discussion about creek progress - we are clearing out a lot of trash that's in the creek bed. Some digging occurring around the first house
    2. Reading a letter sent in by homeowner. Concerns around clearing the creek. Do we have proper permits for disturbing the water, especially when taking into account water rights for the creek. Discussion moved to executive session.
    3. Discussion about volunteering Requests
      1. Best thing is for volunteers like scouts to remove is debris
    4. Discussion about trees and limbs falling down, specifically concerning Crack Willows
      1. Action Item to get an estimate of removing most dangerous trees or limbs
    5. Discussion about warnings not to throw weeds or grass clippings over the fence
      1. Action Item to continue putting this in the newsletter
      2. Action Item to specifically target the homeowner along creek
    6. Bids for area north of Grey Goose Pavilion - we have a couple of bids in place but no decision yet. Still waiting on estimation for the concrete work. Discussion about attaching motion detect lights. 
      1. Possibly put area in place for little kids playground (swing sets). Overall cost could be less including insurance vs a larger park.
      2. Action Item - this will be pushed to next HOA meeting
  10. Architectural Concerns (1955-2003)
    1. Graffiti - homeowner is aware. 
      1. Action Item - If it's gang related the city can be removed free of charge - check with city
  11. Final discussions with members coming late (2003-2100)
    1. Discussion about what changes are made to how townhomes' fees can be assessed
    2. Possible discussion about changing how fees can be decided - specifically when the HOA board can enforce fees being raised
    3. Discussion on why some members felt HOA should be split
    4. Specific points that townhome owners would like changed
      1. Section 6.1 discussion - increasing the criteria for when the board can take action
      2. Charging a reinvestment fee specifically for the townhomes
    5. High fees are a major concern for townhome members
    6. Discussion about the requirements for splitting the HOA 
  12. Next meeting in March 6th - 7 PM (1900) at Harmon's in Traverse Mountain
  13. Executive Session (2105-2208)
  14. Meeting minutes approved (2208)
  15. Meeting adjourned (2209)

No comments

Back to Top