March 2018 HOA Board Meeting

Spring Creek HOA meeting 3/6/2018

Location: Harmons conference room, Lehi, Utah
  1. Open the meeting 1903
  2. Members in attendance: Jack, Kyler, Tom, Kenny, Frank, Brad 1903
  3. Review financials and budget 1904-1910
  4. Open forum for all in attendance 1910-1915
    1. Graffiti discussion
      1. The old graffiti is on a jointly owned section of wall
      2. Once it warms up the HOA will take care of our section of wall
  5. Follow up on action items 1915-2030
    1. CC&R progress update 
      1. Discussion regarding reinvestment fee wording in Section 5.1 - the wording in most recent has been changed to reintegrate the allowance for townhomes to have a different amount for the fee. Discussion followed about how increases would affect how much of each fee would go to each party, and also how the fees would be spent.
        1. Action item - Have attorney update CC&Rs - we will limit the possible changes for reinvestment fees so that it can only change once a year and come into effect January 1st.
      2. Discussion regarding whether or not we should be putting reinvestment fees entirely into the reserve before being spent elsewhere.
        1. Motion for vote - who is ok with the wording in the CC&Rs as they stand
          1. Brad, Kyler, Tom for the motion
          2. Jack and Frank against
    2. CEC items discussion 2030-2037
      1. Easter egg hunt at 9 AM instead of 10 AM 
    3. Landscape 2037-2044
      1. Progress with the creek and follow up for debris removal for sections already cleaned
        1. Need to pay landscaper (Nick) additional amount to remove branch piles to the dump. Action item - get a quote for removing these piles
      2. Landscaper couldn't go into the water and so some debris is still remaining in the creek. Beaver dams have been removed down to the final bridge.
      3. Progress with removing dangerous trees and limbs
        1. Piles of debris and wood chippings still remain. 
        2. For wood chippings we can open it up to community
      4. Action item - reach out to the local Stake and Wards in order to see if we can get a service project together for clearing out the creek. 
      5. Motion to purchase waders for clearing creek, not to exceed $150 maximum
        1. All in favor - motion passed
    4. Discussion of how to approach homeowners about throwing weeds and grass clippings over their back fence or down the creek bank – verify we took actions required
    5. Bids for area north of Grey Goose Pavilion
      1. Review of concrete work estimation
        1. We will wait and do all the work on this area at one time
        2. Putting playground with swings in place for smaller kids - insurance would increase by $500 - this discussion will be later.
    6. Discussion about motion detecting lights
      1. Some of the locations have power and some could be solar 
        1. Initial placement could be Grey Goose Pavilion and Skylark Park.
      2. Possible placement along some of the streets - these would mostly be concrete mounted upright posts with solar panels.
    7. Need to consider trimming some of the trees along the trails.
  6. Discussion for a bike pump track 2110- 2125
    1. This would be an all-dirt track with ramps for bikes - it would be a better area for older kids to use. None in favor of proceeding.
  7. Architectural concerns
  8. Any other questions/concerns 
  9. Verify next meeting schedule - April 3rd 2018 at the Harmons in Traverse Mountain
  10. Executive session 2230
  11. Minutes approved 2230
  12. Meeting adjourned 2235

No comments

Back to Top